1. Notification emails are working properly again. Please check your email spam folder and if you see any emails from the Cantina there, make sure to mark them as "Not Spam". This will help a lot to whitelist the emails and to stop them going to spam.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. IMPORTANT! To be able to create new threads and rate posts, you need to have at least 30 posts in The Cantina.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Before posting a new thread, check the list with similar threads that will appear when you start typing the thread's title.
    Dismiss Notice

SPECULATION Does Rey, Poe and Finn all survive Episode 9?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker' started by Jedi77-83, Sep 23, 2018.

  1. Sparafucile

    Sparafucile Rebel Official

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2017
    Posts:
    984
    Likes Received:
    1,607
    Trophy Points:
    5,592
    Credits:
    2,280
    Ratings:
    +2,496 / 75 / -27
    With completely made up numbers, I think Rey has a 25% chance to die, Poe about 10% and Finn 2%. Chewie on the other hand is at 95%, Leia at 75%, R2 and 3P0 at 25%, Lando at 20%, Rose at 5% chance to die. BB8 will not die. Kylo I think it's about 50/50. Hux is a goner at 95%. If Phasma is back, I'd give her 50/50, depending if they want to end her with a victory or just take her out of her misery. I think there's a good chance if they choose to kill her they might just not have her in at all.

    The Millennium Falcon I'm torn on. If it were RJ I'd be leaning more on it being destroyed, but I'm not sure about JJ. I think it kind of depends if they think there's a realistic chance at continuing the saga after IX. If they decide the Saga is over after this, then the odds of the Falcon surviving drops big time. And yes, the Falcon is a character :p.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Kylocity

    Kylocity Rebel Official

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2017
    Posts:
    997
    Likes Received:
    2,278
    Trophy Points:
    7,717
    Credits:
    3,168
    Ratings:
    +3,096 / 27 / -16
    JJ's and Kasdan's earlier draft had Poe dying and probably Finn pretending to be Poe for a considerable amount of time during TFA... If that had been the case I wonder if Finn would have had a different trajectory... I'm glad that Poe made it to the third film of the trilogy but often wonder if this decision made Finn's character suffer slightly in terms of screen time and importance... I hear a lot of people complaining about Finn's arc and wonder: Should Poe have been killed off in 7? Now I would hate if he died earlier on in 9, because he's awesome, but I can't help thinking that Poe's death would do wonders with Poe's dramatic evolution in 9. Any thoughts about this?
     
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Fuzzball

    Fuzzball Rebel Official

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2015
    Posts:
    398
    Likes Received:
    2,179
    Trophy Points:
    9,367
    Credits:
    2,600
    Ratings:
    +3,135 / 5 / -1
    • Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wise Wise x 1
  4. Kylocity

    Kylocity Rebel Official

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2017
    Posts:
    997
    Likes Received:
    2,278
    Trophy Points:
    7,717
    Credits:
    3,168
    Ratings:
    +3,096 / 27 / -16
    Sorry, I meant Poe’s death would do wonders with FINN’s (obviously, not Poe’s) dramatic evolution.

    :oops:
     
    • Like Like x 1
  5. BobaFettNY21

    BobaFettNY21 Force Sensitive

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2015
    Posts:
    726
    Likes Received:
    4,787
    Trophy Points:
    13,567
    Credits:
    6,410
    Ratings:
    +5,582 / 36 / -9
    Hot Speculative Yet Thought Provoking Take: George Lucas never wanted to kill any of the characters because it was too cynical. How does that square with all of our comments?

    Not to single out any theory here but Lucas wasn't really down with the 'heroic' sacrifice of a main character just to create dramatic tension. How would we square this or are we just moving on from that? I don't really care but it does go to the discussion of how much 'Lucasism' we want in every SW thing to come out since 1983.
     
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Xeven

    Xeven Rebel General

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2015
    Posts:
    1,002
    Likes Received:
    963
    Trophy Points:
    4,792
    Credits:
    2,442
    Ratings:
    +1,950 / 185 / -97
    Robots and Chewy won’t die. They can be kept around forever because they are not actors but rather costumes. Disney would love to have Vader around for $. Wookie have really long life span too.

    Turning Kylo light is boring, turning Rey Dark opens up a huge future.

    If Phasma returns, I believe she will be cyborg like. They have not had that in these movies yet.
    I hope Luke is alive and went to WBW to pull Han from the shaft and save him. Han being alive opens the door to Kylo redemption.
     
    • Original Original x 1
  7. AstromechRecords

    AstromechRecords Jedi General

    Joined:
    Oct 10, 2015
    Posts:
    16,715
    Likes Received:
    14,810
    Trophy Points:
    148,277
    Credits:
    19,337
    Ratings:
    +26,053 / 844 / -253
    If they killed everyone of the main characters in R1, i don't see why it is out of the question here...and for those of you saying that George said what he said, clearly Disney is going in an entirely different direction and it would be "subverting expectations"
    ;).
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 26, 2018, Original Post Date: Sep 26, 2018 ---
    But what is a wookie's lifespan since chewie is starting to approach 300 and in ROTS he is considered "young" compared to tarful and all (it is in the commentary)
    .
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 26, 2018 ---
    As much as everyone has the notion that he made things up as he went along, he clearly had a clear vision for each film (for the most part)
     
  8. Kylocity

    Kylocity Rebel Official

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2017
    Posts:
    997
    Likes Received:
    2,278
    Trophy Points:
    7,717
    Credits:
    3,168
    Ratings:
    +3,096 / 27 / -16
    I thought you didn’t want Kylo turning to the light...
     
    • Like Like x 1
  9. NinjaRen

    NinjaRen Supreme Leader

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2015
    Posts:
    3,767
    Likes Received:
    87,007
    Trophy Points:
    170,017
    Credits:
    42,758
    Ratings:
    +93,630 / 132 / -22
    Kylo turning to the light and saving Rey from the dark. This would be interesting. ;D

    I actually think it closes the door if he's alive.
     
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Adam812

    Adam812 Rebel Commander

    Joined:
    May 16, 2018
    Posts:
    246
    Likes Received:
    480
    Trophy Points:
    2,792
    Credits:
    912
    Ratings:
    +763 / 11 / -4
    I just want to see Rose die. Maybe get eaten by a Rankor.
     
    • Cute Cute x 1
    • Trolling Trolling x 1
  11. Jedi MD

    Jedi MD Jedi Commander

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2014
    Posts:
    3,332
    Likes Received:
    7,252
    Trophy Points:
    86,037
    Credits:
    18,813
    Ratings:
    +10,268 / 59 / -6
    I don’t see them killing off Rey, Finn or Poe. Especially Rey given that she is the main hero. That would have been like killing off Luke in RTOJ.
     
    • Like Like x 1
Loading...

Share This Page